Friday, November 13, 2009

How come when I use my straightener, it doesn't make my hair completely straight?

I mean, it makes it straight, but there are still little bumps and things in it... and it looks better straight when I have glasses... my straightener always works when my mom does it but I want to learn by myself...



How come when I use my straightener, it doesn't make my hair completely straight?

it probably isnt hot enough, or your straightening too much hair at one time



How come when I use my straightener, it doesn't make my hair completely straight?

umm you might need a good serum like redken smooth down i have it i use this and tresemem heat tamer i use the serum on my frizzy ends and it's really straight



How come when I use my straightener, it doesn't make my hair completely straight?

I find that my hair always straightens much better when someone else does it for me as well. I can straighten it myself and it works, but it never comes out the way it does when someone else does it for me.



How come when I use my straightener, it doesn't make my hair completely straight?

Move the straightener over your hair slower and straighten less hair a time



How come when I use my straightener, it doesn't make my hair completely straight?

I have curly thick half-back length hair. This is how i straighten my hair and it comes out great everytime!



Make sure to be in front of a mirror the whole time so you can see what you are doing. And DONT RUSH IT! Straightening your hair takes time!



Things you will need:



* Ceramic Hair Straightener



* Hard Brissel Brush (not the one with plastic brissels)



* Hair Ties



* Anti-Frizz Serum



Time:



About 30minutes-1hour(Depending on texture of your hair)



1.) Separate a 1" section of hair starting from the very back of your head closest to your neck and tie up all other loose hair. (Work horizonally starting w/ the hair at your neck moving upwards to your forehead.)



2.) Brush out the section of hair that you just separated so that there are no knots or tangles in it.



3.) Take your brush and start to brush the strand again BUT only pull down far enough to make a 2" gap in between the brush and your scalp. Apply the straightening iron right in the 2" gap and now proceed to straighten your hair SLOWLY(i take apprx. 10 sec. from roots to tips) with the brush leading and the iron following right behind(I am right handed so i hold the brush with my left hand and the iron in my right).



4.) Repeat step 3 about three time on the same strand.



(Give or take depending on the quality of your straightening iron.) Once done, rubberband the section w/ a hair tie and move it out of your way. Move on to the next section of hair.



5.) Repeat steps 2-4 until finished with all of your hair.



6.) Brush all hair back and apply anti-frizz serum to your palms(about the size of a quarter) and rub together then distribute it evenly to your hair. and your good to go!



GOOD LUCK! Hope This Helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment