Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My hair was damaged by a chi permanent straightener chemical process. It had to be cut short and lay

My question is this. I want my hair to grow back in full and naturally curly like it was. Do chemical processes get into the hair follicles and prevent growth by causing blockage of the follicles?? Do women get the DHT blockage hormone that prevents further growth or do men only get that?



My hair was damaged by a chi permanent straightener chemical process. It had to be cut short and layered up.?

Any chemical process only effects the hair it touches. Sometimes it feels like your hair isn't growing because it is breaking off from the ends. Before you let your hair get too long--get ALL the damaged hair cut off. Start fresh and it will be as good as before. keep conditioning if needed. Don't think the male hormone effects women--we just thin out at change of life or because of RX. Good luck--I'm a hairdresser and feel for both you and the stylist.



My hair was damaged by a chi permanent straightener chemical process. It had to be cut short and layered up.?

So long as it was only your hair damaged on this side of the follicle, your follicle should be fine. Get a decent cut in your hair and if your hair is still damaged as you are growing it - get it trimmed regularly - it will look much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment