Monday, November 16, 2009

What would you consider the best straightener out of your experiences? Hair can't hold curl or

i want one that will damage my hair as little as possible. ive heard that the wet/dry straighteners work good....but that seems like it will damage the hair horribly. My hair cannot hold a curl or stay straight, so I'm looking for something that will possibly do both if you hold it a certain way. Any kind of shampoo or hair product that helps with this will be appreciated too.



What would you consider the best straightener out of your experiences? Hair can't hold curl or stay straight..

I have the same problem, here's what to do.



Products you will need:



1. Permanent Straightener



2. Straightening Gel



3. Thermal Spray



4. Flat Iron



5. Blow Dryer (at least 1875 Watts)



6. A good shampoo and conditioner



1. If you have a Sally Beauty Supply nearby, purchase "Curl Remover", the brand is One n Only. It's a permanent straightener. It's not harsh and they will sell that particular one to anybody, you don't have to be licensed. I use it and it don't fry my hair. They have 3 different formulas, one is normal, one is for if you have color in it and one is for if you have highlights. Make sure you get the right one. It's about $8.00.



2. Also, in their generic line, pick up some "Straightening Gel: Compare to Paul Mitchell Straight Works". It's in a black and white tube. It's about $6.00 and lasts a long time.



3. Pick up some Thermal Spray, it's a must have if you're going to use a flat iron. You will need it to protect your ends.



I don't recommend getting Ion: Heat Protection from Sally Beauty, it's too greasy. They may have something else there. I use the Matrix Sleek Look and I think it's the best. You can get it at Wal-Mart's Smart Style the cheapest, it's about $12.00. They have an off brand version of it at Sally Beauty called Slickline Thermal Iron Smoother, about $7.00. I've never tried it but for a cheaper product, I would say it would be the best you can get.



4. The best flat iron to get is the Paul Mitchell one. It's black and green and will run you about $130.00. It goes to 400 degrees and won't fry your hair as long as you're using thermal spray. If you can't afford it, Sally Beauty has a ceramic one in their generic line that compares to CHI. It's about $50.00 and heats up to 410 degrees. If you have to go with a Wal-Mart one, get a ceramic one. I don't care for Conair products, so I would recommend a Revlon or a Remington.



6. With shampoo and conditioner, you get what you pay for. Stay away from anything that is not sold in a salon and be careful what you buy at Sally Beauty. The only thing I will use at Sally Beauty is Park Avenue SOFT by Naturelle, which is generic for Redken All Soft. I like Matrix Sleek Look and Redken All Soft the best. They can be purchased at a hair salon or the Smart Style at Wal Mart. Matrix is on sale frequently 2 liters for $24.



When you can find a sale like that, you really come out cheaper in the long run when you can get it that way than buying $3 - $5 products because you don't have to use near as much of it and you're getting a larger quantity at a better price.



What to do with these products:



Follow the instructions precisely on the permanent straightener. Repeat every 6 weeks.



Use your shampoo and conditioner, try not to wash your hair everyday. If you smoke like I do, you really have no choice. It's better not to.



When you do wash, put a nickel size amount of the straightening gel in your hair and dry it. Don't brush it while you dry it, only use your finger tips. Brushing it will break it.



After it's dry, it should only need the least bit of straightening with the iron. Spray in the thermal spray, ensuring that you get the roots good, that's the most important part and run the iron through it. You will have to keep adjusting the temp. at first to find what suits you the most.



What would you consider the best straightener out of your experiences? Hair can't hold curl or stay straight..

The Croc straightening Iron is good.



What would you consider the best straightener out of your experiences? Hair can't hold curl or stay straight..

Van de Graff generators.



What would you consider the best straightener out of your experiences? Hair can't hold curl or stay straight..

The best straighteners out there are expensive but effective. Paul Brown is one of the best. Chi's are alright but not as great as they're made out to be. Yes, wet/dry straighteners are alright, but I highly reccomend not using them. There si always a risk of damage.



What would you consider the best straightener out of your experiences? Hair can't hold curl or stay straight..

Chi straighteners.



They are ceramic and won't hurt your hair too badly, but really amazing.



What would you consider the best straightener out of your experiences? Hair can't hold curl or stay straight..

Corioliss



my hair is straight but it has waves in the bottom



this straighner will get rid of the wave while others wont



What would you consider the best straightener out of your experiences? Hair can't hold curl or stay straight..

CHI is the best



What would you consider the best straightener out of your experiences? Hair can't hold curl or stay straight..

I've only used the CHI straightener on my hair, and I love it!



My hair is naturally wavy, and I go to sleep with my hair wet, so it's crazy sometimes when I wake up, but my CHI gets all that out, and it stays straight all day. Also, it doesn't take long. This wouldn't be good for curling your hair, but it works well with the flip out hairstyles (had it...loved it), and with the flip under styles. Takes a little practice though, but not difficult.



My hair is dark, and thick and has a lot of body. I use Visible Changes "Leave it" leave in conditioner...(they changed the name recently though and I can't remember to what)...and I use either Sebastian's "Laminates" gel, or Paul Mitchell's "Super Skinny Serum". I switch back and forth between the products, but I always use a leave in conditioner to help protect my hair from damage. I mix the conditioner and the product in the palm of my hand and then apply it throughout my hair. This method helps me distribute the product evenly throughout my hair. When I did it separately, I would sometimes put too much product in one spot on my head...oops!



If I use no product at all, my hair is a little frizzy, and the straightening doesn't last...that only happened once when I went on vacation and forgot my hair stuff! I didn't want to waste vacation time tracking down product, so I was a poofy headed tourist having a great time and didn't care hahaha...I'll never see any of those people again!!



If you have thin hair, these products might weigh your hair down though...maybe even make it look a little oily...not cute! A stylist should be able to recommend products that are good for your hair type. Ask if they have a return policy on their products. I've tried a lot of products that they recommended, and if it didn't do what they said it would, I returned it!



Hope this helps!



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment