Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My hair is naturally wavy. I use a straightener everyday. It never comes out as straight as I want i

My hair is also naturally frizzy. I would like to know the best way to get "pin straight" hair.



Also, I would like to try "scrunching" my hair. What are the best ways for me to do this without spending a lot of money?



My hair is naturally wavy. I use a straightener everyday. It never comes out as straight as I want it to?

The straightner you have may be the problem. If your parents let you, try to get a better hair iron. Chi for example would be a good straightener to get. Use anti frizz serums and heat protectant sprays. Always be patient and go slow when sliding the straightener through your hair. It never works well even with a good straightener to slide down too fast. As for scrunching your hair, you should get a scrunching mousse and right after you wash your hair, you should scruch your hair with a towel and then you could get a golf ball sized amount of mousse then put it in your hair, more at the tips, put your head down so that all of your hair is hanging down and just scrunch my pressing on them with your hands.



My hair is naturally wavy. I use a straightener everyday. It never comes out as straight as I want it to?

my hair is frizzy 2 %26amp; alwayz has been, i find it eaiser 2 blow dry my hair straight after i wash it, then just run the straighteners over it,works gr8, until it rains! then u gota go bk 2 step 1! lol xxx good luck xxx



My hair is naturally wavy. I use a straightener everyday. It never comes out as straight as I want it to?

It may be your straighteners are not the best tupe. I have used various and it was only in getting some GHD ceramic straighteners that I was able to get pin straight hair.



You will be amazed, because the ceramic gets hotter it just glides through hair and makes it way straighter than other straighteners.



If you already use GHDs, then I am not sure..



My hair is naturally wavy. I use a straightener everyday. It never comes out as straight as I want it to?

It sounds to me that you have 2 possible goals regarding your hair. The first is to achieve less "frizzy" hair and the second is a daily regimen which is easier than using a straightening iron daily.



Well, lets look at the extremes. The lesser degree is to learn to love your hair using a "flexible mousse" applied to wet hair and allowed to dry naturally. Alfaparf's Diamante mousse will work perfectly. The mousse isn't real expensive either. The mousse "bundles" 20 or more hairs together into clumps giving a more controlled curl/wave look to natural hair. This is the easiest and you would be amazed to know that many people pay hard earned dollars to get what you have naturally!!! The other extreme is a little known seldom done process outside Hollywood which is called the Japanese straightener. It will make your hair "pin straight" permanently! It involves a chemical relaxer and the ionic flat iron to achieve a "pin straight" effect. It is very expensive and takes about 4 hours to achieve. Once done, the hair can naturally dry from wet to a pin straight condition! That's right, no more ironing. Of course the hair will eventually grow out and be cut off bringing you back to that service again if you really like being "pin straight" all the time.



Somewhere in the middle is a care regimen that is priced more so to the every day process. It is not pin straight but it is not frizzy either! It involves using a very good moisturizing shampoo followed with a intensive deep conditioner pack. Alfaparf products have them in their Seduction line. Using these products as a daily routine and allowing the hair to "size" by drying naturally for the first 10 to 15 minutes is vital to success. If you are not too shy to put on a toboggan in that time frame, you can use the heat of your scalp and the pressure of the cap to assist in straightening out the frizz but not completely losing the hairs body. Once the hair is dry, you can run your fingers throught it to break it up and give a more tussled look to it. Keep in mind that your hairs frizziness will be more manageable with constant deep conditioning which builds up on the hair and helps to weigh it down enough so that it isn't explosively wild. You can adjust the conditioning routine when you achieve the "look" that you like best. Remember that naturally frizzy hair is very porous. If you use the cap and conditioner approach, then be sure to add mousse sparingly to the ends AFTER the hair is dry to ward off atmospheric moisture that can attack that new smoother look and make it begin to frizz again. If your hairline tends to frizz more than you like, use a tad of the mousse on the wet hairline on the scalp and roots. I hope this helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment