Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I burnt my hair with a straightener at 360 degrees, so what should I do?

My whole ear is red. I was straightening down from above the middle half of hair, and accidently got my ear instead. Now there's a burn about a centimeter long. The straightener was all the way up at 360 degrees. I didn't know what it was earlier today, because I forgot about. I did it about a week ago. I guess it blistered over, because I was rubbing it (not hard), and a small sheet of dark, tan skin came off from it. Now the burn is all red and looks like it's bleeding, but is dry. My mom, a retired nurse, looked at it, and all she said was, "Ooh. That looks like it hurts." I'm not guessing it's too serious.. but what should I do to reduce swelling and pain (from touching it)?



I burnt my hair with a straightener at 360 degrees, so what should I do?

Put some antibiotic ointment on it, cover it, put an ice pack over it, and keep your hands off of it. It well heal quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment